Eastbourne Access Group and Eastbourne Blind Society invite you to
attend an event
‘Access barriers and solutions in Eastbourne’
Victoria Baptist Church, Eldon Road, Eastbourne
on Wednesday 28thJuly 2021
for those who can and wish to attend in person and the event will also be streamed live to enable wider participation.
Guest speakers representing retail and hospitality providers (including online services) will be in attendance with the aim of identifying and addressing some of the main barriers that are experienced by disabled people when using Eastbourne’s facilities and those encountered when shopping online.
There will also be the opportunity to ask questions and make comments on the presentations given in order to include the widest range of experiences possible in our discussions.
We also want to celebrate the good practice that goes on and give praise where it is due so examples where staff or buildings have removed barriers are also welcome.
*For more details and to book a place please contact Mark* Eastbourne Blind Society
01323 729511 or firstname.lastname@example.org
UPDATE ON SPEAKERS AND SUPPORTERS OF THE EVENT – 21 APRIL 2021
Pleased to confirm:
- Marks and Spencer local store manager from Eastbourne joining us on 28 July for access to retail and hospitality event to speak about the offer to disabled customers in store and on line. The event will be live streamed as well as taking place at Victoria Baptist church.
- Sainsbury’s Hampden Park are sponsoring us with lunch platters!
- Staff from British Independent Retail Association (BIRA) who represent 4000 independent retailers in the high street and on line joining us as participants on live stream and for the Q and A panel.
- ‘Recite me’ joining us in the afternoon. Ray shared their social model video, but they have other great web access materials, please see their website for their guides and other info.
- Eastbourne Hospitality Association (EHA)also supporting us and speaking at the event throughout the day.