Celebrating 40 years 1981 – 2021
Eastbourne Access Group
40 years young –
Still challenging barriers to accessibility
07810 317 185
Access Group Monthly Zoom Meetings
Our next meeting will be on
Wednesday, 26th May 2021, 10.30 am to 12.30 pm
GUEST SPEAKERS: Antonia Bennett, Patient and Public Involvement Lead NHS Brighton and Hove CCG; NHS East Sussex CCG; NHS West Sussex CCG – Access to NHS services
For more details please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Future meeting and Guest Speakers:
23 June 2021 – Antony Merlyn Accessibility Engagement Manager for Southern, Govia Thameslink Railway – Access to rail travel.
Due to Covid 19 we will continue holding monthly Zoom meetings on the 4th Wednesday of the month until it is safe to meet again in person at a venue. (No meeting will be held in December or August).
30 June 2021 – Our Open day at The Hut, The Beacon Centre Eastbourne BN21 3NW 10.00am-4pm
COME AND JOIN US!
- LAUNCH OF ACCESS GROUP DISABILITY CHARTER
- EASTBOURNE GUIDE FOR DISABLED PEOPLE 2021
- FIND OUT ABOUT EASTBOURNE ACCESS GROUP AND ACCESSIBLE PLACES TO VISIT, EAT OUT AND STAY IN EASTBOURNE
28 July 2021 – Eastbourne Access Group and Eastbourne Blind Society invite you to attend an event
‘Access barriers and solutions in Eastbourne’ at Victoria Baptist Church 7 Eldon Road, Eastbourne, BN21 1UE
on Wednesday 28thJuly 2021, 10am-4pm for those who can and wish to attend in person and the event will also be streamed live to enable wider participation.
Guest speakers representing retail and hospitality providers (including online services) will be in attendance with the aim of identifying and addressing some of the main barriers that are experienced by disabled people when using Eastbourne’s facilities and those encountered when shopping online.
There will also be the opportunity to ask questions and make comments on the presentations given in order to include the widest range of experiences possible in our discussions.
We also want to celebrate the good practice that goes on and give praise where it is due so examples where staff or buildings have removed barriers are also welcome.
For more details and to book a place please contact Mark Eastbourne Blind Society 01323 729511 or email@example.com
Update on speakers and supporters of the event – as at 21 April 2021
Pleased to confirm:
- Marks and Spencer local store manager from Eastbourne joining us on 28 July for access to retail and hospitality event to speak about the offer to disabled customers in store and on line. The event will be live streamed as well as taking place at Victoria Baptist church.
- Sainsbury’s Hampden Park are sponsoring us with lunch platters!
- Staff from British Independent Retail Association (BIRA) who represent 4000 independent retailers in the high street and on line joining us as participants on live stream and for the Q and A panel.
- ‘Recite me’ joining us in the afternoon. Ray shared their social model video, but they have other great web access materials, please see their website for their guides and other info.
- Eastbourne Hospitality Association (EHA)also supporting us and speaking at the event throughout the day.
Our April 2021 updated Eastbourne Guide for Disabled People
is available on our website pages
and PDF version link below
Will you be a winner?
You can support the Access Group through
Please buy your ticket(s) through our Good Cause Page
A weekly Saturday draw
We receive 50p for every £1 ticket bought
Please also see our Can You Help Us page
Thank you Beat the Street Eastbourne 2020
for our £500 donation
Eastbourne Access Group is proud and excited to announce that our immediate past chair, Ian Westgate has been awarded an MBE in the Queens Honours List October 2020.